With a degree focused on writing, editing, photography, videography, marketing and digital media, I offer numerous multimedia and technological skills, gleaned in an academic environment and applied in the real world.
Bachelor of Arts: Multimedia Journalism; Emphasis in Literary Journalism
Weber State University
October 2002 - Present
Hale Centre Theatre · Soundboard Operator
- Hands-on involvement with the development and execution of 53 productions.
- Overseeing multiple responsibilities in real-time, such as problem solving and safety.
- Implementation of creative design for various elements of the theatrical arts.
Millard County Chronicle Progress · Co-Editor / Reporter
- Responsible for finding leads and reporting on stories that affected the community.
- Wrote and edited stories for two Federal cases, including daily online updates.
- Applied proper journalistic practices for interviewing, writing, editing, and layout.
March 2016 - January 2017
Utah SEO Pros · Content Marketing Editor
- Outlined, edited, published, and distributed both written and visual content for over 30 clients.
- Optimized information and generated user engagement using proven SEO methods.
- Designed new and original pieces of branded content, such as infographics and eBooks.
May 2013 - August 2013
Cumulus Media · Digital Media Intern
- Collaborated with program directors to create unique advertising graphics.
- Organized digital newsletters and distributed to over 10,000 subscribers.
- Increased usage of preexisting social networks to boost listener interaction.
February 8, 2017 · Millard County Chronicle Progress
Delta resident to remain in federal custody awaiting trial
December 4, 2016 · Deseret News
May 23, 2013 · The Salt Lake Tribune